Qualifying for Elite Status
With A+ credits earned from flying AirTran Airways, you can get Elite level benefits not available to all A+ Rewards members. When you earn 10 or more A+ credits flying AirTran Airways within any 90-day period or earn 25 or more A+ credits flying AirTran Airways within any 365-day period, you qualify for A+ Rewards Elite Membership.
- Complimentary Business Class upgrades from all coach fares available at the gate 40 minutes prior to departure*
- Automatic upgrades at time of booking for Y and B fares
- 2-year redemption period for all A+ Rewards credits earned after Elite status is attained
- First and second bag fees waived**
- Complimentary seat assignments at time of booking on all fare classes
- Dedicated customer service phone number
- Dedicated check-in lines and security entrances at select airports
- Guaranteed full fare coach seat on any flight
- Higher priority stand-by status
- Complimentary transfer of A+ Rewards credits to other accounts
- Change and cancellation fees waived for Y, B, and M fares
- Complimentary one-year fee-waived Hertz #1 Club Gold® membership***
Renewing Elite Status
Once a member earns Elite status, the member will be required to fly 12 one-way, A+ credit-earning flights in the 365 days prior to the member’s Elite expiration date to renew Elite status for another year.
Terms & Conditions
A+ Rewards seats are subject to availability and blackout dates.
*Business Class upgrades are not guaranteed, are awarded only if space is available, and are assigned to Elites based on order of flight check-in.
**Oversized and overweight baggage fees still apply.
***Link to Hertz fee-waived #1 Club Gold membership can be found on the Elite member’s main account page after logging in.
† A+ Rewards credit transactions can be completed online at www.airtran.com or by calling 1-888-3-APLUS-8 (1-888-327-5878). Transactions completed by calling the A+ Rewards Customer Service Center will incur a $15.00 Direct Booking Fee.