Note: The last day to earn or redeem A+ Rewards Credits for travel booked through AirTran will be November 1, 2014. After that time, the program will end. All remaining A+ accounts will be converted to the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards program, and your remaining credits will be converted to Rapid Rewards Points. Once the conversion occurs, all terms and conditions of the Rapid Rewards program will apply. Full conversion details are available at rewardsfarther.com.
If you’re not already a Member of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, join today.
Qualifying for Elite Status
With A+ credits earned from flying AirTran Airways, you can get Elite level benefits not available to all A+ Rewards members. When you earn 10 or more A+ credits flying AirTran Airways within any 90-day period or earn 25 or more A+ credits flying AirTran Airways within any 365-day period, you qualify for A+ Rewards Elite Membership.
- Complimentary Business Class upgrades from all coach fares available at the gate 40 minutes prior to departure*
- Automatic upgrades at time of booking for Y and B fares
- 2-year redemption period for all A+ Rewards credits earned after Elite status is attained
- First and second bag fees waived**
- Complimentary seat assignments at time of booking on all fare classes
- Dedicated customer service phone number
- Dedicated check-in lines and security entrances at select airports
- Guaranteed full fare coach seat on any flight
- Higher priority stand-by status
- Complimentary transfer of A+ Rewards credits to other accounts
- Change and cancellation fees waived for Y, B, and M fares
Renewing Elite Status
Once a member earns Elite status, the member will be required to fly 12 one-way, A+ credit-earning flights in the 365 days prior to the member’s Elite expiration date to renew Elite status for another year. A+ Members with Elite status that hasn’t expired as of November 1, 2014 will automatically be given Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards A-List status through December 31, 2015.
Terms & Conditions
A+ Rewards seats are subject to availability and blackout dates.
*Business Class upgrades are not guaranteed, are awarded only if space is available, and are assigned to Elites based on order of flight check-in.
**Oversized and overweight baggage fees still apply.
† A+ Rewards credit transactions can be completed online at www.airtran.com or by calling 1-888-3-APLUS-8 (1-888-327-5878). Transactions completed by calling the A+ Rewards Customer Service Center will incur a $15.00 Direct Booking Fee.